My Instagram.

Instagram

Wednesday 6 April 2016

How do you put on yours?

When it comes to make up, you and I both know it really doesn't matter how good or expensive your products are if your going to slap it on with your hands. I believe in make up brushes but I also believe you don't have to spend great amount of money to have good brushes either.

I have purchased a few brushes in my time ( and the other 100!) and I've compiled a list of  what I liked and what I didn't like about certain brands. From' Cheap as chips' to 'Oh did I just paid that much money for a brush.'

Firstly a note of Brush Cleansing:

Make up brushes are like a pet, you gotta love them, look after them and clean them regularly. Once you've done that you have to remember to feed them a cleansing anti-bacterial spray daily. Yes folks I did just go there.


Now that's out of the way. Lets get down to business.

I love having a good and rather large collection of face brushes.

My favourite so far has to be the Real Techniques Buffing face brush (the orange stem brush). I find this brush just blends out foundation beautifully, I always feel flawless afterwards. I also find that Real Techniques are a worthy investment, I've had mines nearly 6 years and with careful cleaning I've only ever had to replace one brush (I lost it). I actually bought this in the Base collection for £20.99 which gave me 4 brushes for the price. You get the Contour Brush, Pointed Foundation brush, detailer brush and, My Fav, the Buffing Brush.


I always love a bargain so a while back I found the Lottie London Brush Set was down in price so I bought them to try. I received a large powder brush, flat foundation brush, large eye shadow brush, a eye shadow shader brush and angled brow/liner brush. I like the density of these brushes, they're not overly soft and they wash well. the only problem I did have is that on the shader brush, the metal bit that binds the bristles detached from the wooden stalk. A bit of super glue rectified that. I've heard down the grape vine that this was not a one off but it has not deterred me from buy Lottie London Brushes again. This set retails for £20.00.


I would like to make a special note at this point, I really really do not like flat foundation brushes, I personally find them a worthless purchase and I know people will disagree and I respect your choice to love them, I just don't.

I do have a lot of love for the 224 Tapered Blending Brush by Mac. This brush can just do everything. From highlighter to blush to actual eye shadow, its just a brilliant brush. My mum actually bought my brush and decided she didn't like it and gave it to me. I've been in love ever since. this brush is a little pricey at £23.00 ( I'd rather get a few brushes for this price but it is worth the price tag.)


Last Brush I want to mention is by far the biggest purchase I ever made for a brush. I purchased the Nars Kabuki Artisan Ita Brush, I brought it for £43.00. I was super excited to receive this brush. I had watched all the YouTube reviews on it, researched it on-line and read every blogger post about it. The day it arrived I was beyond excited and I had to use it straight away. I spent around a month using the brush daily and at the beginning I thought it was amazing but the more I used it the more the bristles fell out and I found it not picking up great amounts of product, or that the product would simple fall off the brush before getting to my face. I found this to be a great waste of my money and highly disappointing. It now sits looking pretty in my brush pot and I find myself very rarely picking it up to use. The bargain hunter in me is very disappointed in the waste of money but nothing ventured nothing gained.



Now Yesterday I did manage to pick up the Ultra Sculpt and Blend set from Make Up Revolution, I've been after these brushes a while, so when I saw them in physical form in a shop instead of on-line I grabbed them for £14.99.

In this set you get two facial contouring brushes, one eye shading brush and an expert blending sponge. These brushes are a beautiful rose gold and the blending sponge is a solid black colour. Out of the set I have used the blending sponge today and that's it. I was pleasantly surprised by it today but as I've only purchased them I cant give a full review today. When I've used them more of course I shall come back and update this section.


No comments:

Post a Comment