My Instagram.

Instagram

Wednesday 13 April 2016

April Product Trial - Mini

Hi everyone,

Today I thought I'd share the skincare and one solitary hair care product that I am just finishing. 

These are products that came with my February and March Birchboxes, March's Starter Glossybox and one was a free sample I picked up along the way.

My Minis are:

No4 - Lumiere d'hiver Super Comb Prep & Protect Spray. ( Birchbox)

Delacrom - Acquaconfront Cream. (Birchbox)

Monuspa - Rosewood Reviving Mist (Glossybox)

Crea-m - The Older The Smarter Anti-Ageing Serum (Birchbox)

Dermalogica - Multivitamin Power Firm (Picked up along the way.)

I kept seeing people doing empties challenges on Instagram and YouTube. It hit me that I had so many trial sized products gathering up that I was about time I started to actually use them instead of handing them out to friends and family. 

I decided to gather up the products that would benefit me the most and only use those products till they were done. I've been very pleasantly surprised by these products and the effects they have had on my hair and skin.

No4:  Lumiere d'hiver Super Comb Prep & Protect Spray from Birchbox.

I have quite greasy hair and the thought of putting anything conditioning into my hair scares me as I have a fear my hair will turn into a greasy ball. When picking through my products I came across this mini prep and protect spray and I'm so very happy I did. This is a little bottle of hair genius. It conditions lightly, protects my hair whilst blowing drying and gave my hair a glossy and healthy feel. Normally I would rather shy away from this sort of product but it has truly down wonders for my hair. My little trial size is almost finished, so I decided to head onto the Birchbox website and check out how much the full size product was. For the full sized bottle of this product was £20.00, now to me that was just a bit on the expensive side. That is just a personal thought and as much as I loved the product I will not pay that amount of money for a prep spray. Which is a bit of bummer because I really enjoyed it. 

Delacrom - Acquaconfront Cream for Birchbox.

I have really enjoyed this cream although I'm not entirely sure if its actually is a face cream. There is no clear information from Birchbox and I haven't been able to find this product anywhere else. It states on the packaging and on the Birchbox website that this product has Aloe Vera in it. This gives the product a beautifully fresh scent and the cream itself is quite thick, which has given me the impression that it can be used on the face. Well anyway I have been using it on my face and I love the feel of it on the skin, especially putting on at night an waking up the following day with fully hydrated and soft skin. For the 50 ml bottle of this luxurious cream is £34.00, again a little steep for my liking but a very good cream nonetheless. (Considering buying this product.)




Monuspa - Rosewood Reviving Mist from Glossybox.


Firstly I must say the smell of this product is unreal. Its just so fresh and revitalising. I love using this product first thing in the morning after I have used my cleanser and I don't want my skin drying before I put my moisturiser on. I feel like its a quick pick me up. I received the Monuspa Mist in the Glossybox Starter kit, it was a 50 ml luxury sample. I do feel this was a luxury sample and a luxurious product. Not often do beauty boxes catch me by surprise but this has. For the full sized product, which is 100 ml from Glossybox its only £11.95 and something I will definitely be repurchasing. I would highly recommend this product to anyone in the market for a refreshing toning mist. We can get stuck into buying the same products over and over. Don't be a creature of habit and try this.






Crea-m - The Older, The Smarter Anti-Ageing Serum From Birchbox.

This is the foundation of youth. Yes, it is. Wow is all i can say, especially as I was going to give this product to my mum. Luckily for ME I decided to keep it and add to my April empties challenge. I LOVE THIS TUBE OF YOUTH. 
To use the serum effectively, it says to use before your moisturiser. Which I now do, twice a day. I only ever need three drops all over the face, it is fast absorbing and I noticed a change to my skin within a week. In fact I did try seeing how my skin would look when I didn't use it for a day or two, and i truly noticed a difference. I no longer felt like my skin was softer, firmer or as hydrated. This serum also works on two levels, above and below the skin. Repairing skin cells, deeply nourishing, protecting from pollution and free radicals. As for price this is the most expensive for the size, for 30 mls you will have to pay £33.90. Which I don't know about you, that is a bit of a sting. I get that serums are expensive but ouch! I truly, truly love this product and what it does but I cannot justify that price for such a little amount of product. (I would take all the free samples I can get of it though.)

Dermalogica - Multivitamin Power Firm (Picked up along the way, pretty sure this was my mum's sample ha!)

Now I'm pretty sure this is my least favourite product in this trial, also my least favourite eye product. This is a sample I've had for ages and never really looked near. Aprils empties had arrived so I threw it in my use up box. The reason I don't like this product is purely the consistency of the product itself. It just feels overly oily and almost slimy. I just do not like how the product feels once applied, also I have found there to be no change to my eye area. I feel that this is a highly expensive product, that just does not deliver on the promises it makes. Which is highly disappointing as Dermalogica's Intensive Eye Repair cream does deliver, feels amazing and has effective results after use. The full sized product is 22 ml and is a staggering £61.10. I will not be purchasing this product. I will continue to hunt for an eye cream though. Why is it so hard to find a damn good eye cream?


No comments:

Post a Comment