My Instagram.

Instagram

Wednesday 13 April 2016

Cohorted The Black Edition Beauty Box - April Box.



When looking for a beauty subscription box, I always look for value. I want to know I am getting the best I can get for my money. After a few months of hunting about I signed up for Glossybox and Birchbox again after a 2 year break.

Whilst in the process of researching other boxes I came across Cohorted on YouTube. Imagine my excitement when I watched reams of videos on a beauty box that promises 5 or more high end products for only £35 a month. Now I don't know about you but I didn't think twice, I jumped on the band wagon and waited in serious anticipation for my box to be delivered.

First thing to go wrong was that I paid my initial £35 on the 28th (ish) of march for the April box and on the 1st of April they took another £35 for the May box. Luckily I didn't need the money but I was a bit annoyed at this. I'd rather get my first box and see how I liked it before I forked out another £35 for another box, but hey ho what can you do.

Right, yes I was waiting on the box to arrive, and it did first thing on Monday morning. I was on my way to work but that wasn't going to stop me. In the car and pulling it open ( I wasn't driving!) and the packaging is very sleek and pretty, a bit disappointed there was no ribbon on this box. I like ribbons, so pretty. I lifted the lid and was met with a beautiful glossy and extremely well laid out magazine explaining the products and costs.




We all got a sneak preview into the box on twitter, so I knew I would be receiving the Mac Patent Lip Pencil (Its very like a chubby stick style). I was extremely happy with the shade I received and the product itself smells amazing, glides on smoothly, looks patent and pretty.

After that I'm not so overly happy.









In the box:

 Mac Patent Lip Pencil in Kittenish £17.50.

Gold Elements Nail Care Kit: Hand cream 120 ml, Cuticle Oil 20 ml, Buffing nail block and Nail File £29.49.

 Body Shop White Musk Libertine EDT 60 ml £24.00.

Miss Patisserie Cupcake Bath Melt in Milk & Honey £3.99.

MDM Flow Lipstick in Panther £18.00.

The products are all well made and lovely but just not the wow factor I was looking for when I had researched these boxes. An extremely annoying point I must make is that Cohorted do not have a beauty profile on their website. This means you never know if the correct shade is coming and I was lucky with the Mac Patent Pencil but I wasn't with the MDM Flow lipstick. I have berry red lips and this pinky shade just instantly wipes the colour out of my face. (My mum is extremely happy as she's getting this lipstick.)





















The Gold Elements Nail Care Kit is pretty fab but why send a nail kit if your not going to send a nail polish to use after. The packaging is a little on the cheap looking side but the cuticle oil is very good.














My boyfriend was quite happy at the Body Shop perfume I received, as I wore it all the time when we started dating. For nostalgia alone I love this product but it never really classed Body Shop as high end, its always been in my day to day price range. I got this box to get things that weren't always going to be in beauty budget. As a momma of three kids, my beauty budget sometimes gets redirected to other things.









As for the Bath Melt Cupcake, I have no opinion on it until I use it. I've always been a Lushie but I like finding new brands for bath time relaxing. I'll just have to use it and update you soon.








No comments:

Post a Comment