My Instagram.

Instagram

Wednesday 27 April 2016

Make Up Haul



Recently I've been a little make up happy with all the April offers in all the drug stores.
3 for 2 and buy one, get one free does not help my small obsession, but hey!

I am loving Bourjois recently, I think their range of products just keeps getting better and better. I am refusing to stick with certain brands and branching into different areas. Its hard when you buy drug store brands as sometimes one brand does anything you want. What I'm trying to say is I need to buy less Maybelline, it is one of my favourite brands but I need to look out of the Maybelline box.

On Saturday I went out shopping with my daughter and I came home with a nice little collection of products. I needed nothing but I WANTED a lot. I tried to keep to a limit that my partner wouldn't take a heart attack when the bank statement came in.


Concealers:




I have a slight obsession with concealers at present, I seem to believe you can never have enough. Hence why I just bought three.

Maybelline - Fit me Shade 10. (Yellow Tone)
Bourjois - Radiance Reveal Shade 2 Beige ( Pink Tone) 
Revlon- Colour Stay Shade 1 Fair. ( White Tone.) 



I find its easier to make your own concealer match if you can blend and mess around with a variety of brand, that why you can find what works for you. Be inventive and find what works for you.


Foundations:





I had gotten myself down to two foundations, go me! That is a rather good achievement. All I had left was my Pro Long Wear by MAC and MUA Skin Define Matte Perfect. My work foundation and Evening foundation. I needed something new and these two little beauts where on my list.


Revlon - Colour Stay Natural Beige 220.
Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse Sand 30.

Now I will admit I did think I had lifted a slightly darker shade in the Revlon and a lighter one in the mousse. I hadn't. It's ok though I make both work for me.

The Revlon one is now my day day colour and I build colour with my lousy contouring skills. The Maybelline one is perfect for Evening and if I need it toned down I just a light L'Oréal True Match powder. It sounds silly but it works.

Bronzing Powder:

Bourjois - Délice De Poudre Shade 52




These looks like a chocolate bar and I have watched for years people using it on YouTube and I finally got one in a shade I liked. It smells soooo freaking good. In my opinion it does have a slight orange tone, so I suggest not having a heavy hand when applying it.


Eye Shadow -

Bourjois - Smoky Stories Shade 02 Over Rose. 

Oh my word this is just so pretty. I'm not one for eye shadow quads, as I think you get more for your money buy investing in a high end palette but this little quad has totally changed my mind. These colour are so pigmented and almost creamy. They blend perfectly and last. This is one to buy.

Setting Powder - 

Bourjois - Poudre de Riz de Java



Now this little powder smells like HEAVEN and is a super fine milled powder that feels like silk on the skin. I will never set my make up with it, as there's a sparkle through, but it makes a beautiful light highlighter.

Lipstick - 

Bourjois - Rouge Edition Souffle de Velvet Shade 5  Fushiamallow 



I love the texture of this product, its like a mousse. Its so soft and the colour screams summer. I would say this is a buildable lipstick. Something you need to put on carefully. I find it hard to slap it on and go. The little doe foot applicator is fantastic to help you layer the colour up. It goes matte and stays matte whilst keeping your lips hydrated. I find this to be quite an awesome little lipstick. It has a survived a coffee date with my mum without reapplication. Love this.

Mascara -

Maybelline - Lash Sensational Shade Intense Black.



This was on offer and I've wanted to try it for a while. I was sort of put off because I really do not like the Falsies Mascara and I think I was scared it was going to be the same. Its not and I have been loving it. Its good all rounder mascara for night and day. I bought Intense Black because I have very dark eyes and I want a really black mascara to help my eyes to pop.





No comments:

Post a Comment